- This event has passed.
Biodefense World Summit 2016
June 27, 2016 - June 30, 2016
The Knowledge Foundation’s Second Annual Biodefense World Summit will take place June 27-30, 2016 in Baltimore, Maryland.
The event brings together leaders from government, academia, and industry for compelling discussions and comprehensive coverage on pathogen detection, sample prep technologies, point-of-care, and biosurveillance.
Across the four-track event, attendees can expect exceptional networking opportunities in the exhibit hall, across panel discussions, and shared case studies with members of the biodefense community from technology providers to policy makers.
Highlighted presentation and session topics include:
- The Biosurveillance Vision for JPEO
- Developing a Strategy for Rapid Response to Emerging Threats
- BioWatch: The Future of Biodetection
- Success and Hurdles in Biosurveillance Knowledge Exchange: Beyond Collecting Data Sets
- Establishing FDA-ARGOS for Regulation of Sequencing-Based Diagnostics for Infectious Diseases
- NGS Microbial Forensics at the Point-of-Need
- Advancing Bacteriophage-Based Detection of Pathogens
- Photonic/Magnetic Nano-Explorers for Fast Bio-Analysis and Nano-Diagnostics
- The Changing Landscape of Food Safety in Public Health – Genomics and Metagenomics
- Translating Viral Hemorrhagic Fever Research to Actionable Diagnostic Applications
- Ebola Outbreak 2014-2015: Experiences in Sample Preparation and Rapid Diagnosis
- Climate Change, Emerging Infectious Diseases and Community Health Resilience
- Pathogen Biomarkers for Rapid Clinical Diagnosis in POC
- Third Generation Sequencing for Rapid Biosurveillance
- Drop-n-Go Malaria Molecular Diagnosis
- A Smartphone Colorimetric Microplate Reader for Point-of-Care ELISA Quantification
- European Initiative to Set Guidelines for Testing on Field Detection Equipment
- Integrative Biosurveillance in High Burden of Disease Populations
- Translation Challenges in POC Field Readiness
- Immunosignatures: A Simple, Host-Based Diagnostic System
- Bulk Acoustic Wave (BAW) Bio-Sensor Technology for Liquid Environments
- Challenges and Opportunities in Translation of Biodetection Technologies
Please visit the Biodefense World Summit website for more information and to register.
Global Biodefense is an official media partner of the Biodefense World Summit.