Biological Weapons Convention Meeting of States Parties 2017
December 4 - December 8
In accordance with the decision of the Eighth Review Conference (RevCon), the 2017 Meeting of States Parties of the Biological Weapons Convention (BWC) will take place from 4-8 December 2017 in Geneva, Switzerland.
The Meeting of States Parties will be chaired by Ambassador Amandeep Singh Gill of India, and Ambassador Michael Biontino of Germany and Ambassador Juraj Podhorský of Slovakia will serve as Vice-Chairmen. In accordance with the decision of the Eighth RevCon, the meeting will seek to make progress on issues of substance and process for the period before the next Review Conference, with a view to reaching consensus on an intersessional process.
Please visit the Biological Weapons Convention website for more information.
Editor also recommends:
- It’s time to modernize the bioweapons convention (BOTAS)
- Keeping the Biological Weapons Convention relevant (BOTAS)
- Biological Weapons Review Conference: ICRC statement (ICRC)
- Weapons treaties look ready to unravel, and that’s a big problem (WaPo)
- Can the bioweapons convention survive Crispr? (BOTAS)