CDC International Symposium on Biosafety 2024
March 10 - March 14
The 18th CDC International Symposium on Biosafety – Modernizing Biosafety Operations and Practices – will be held 10-14 March 2024 in Atlanta, Georgia.
The symposium offers a showcase of the latest advancements in biosafety research, interactive workshops to gain practical insights on applications, expert insight on design and operation of biocontainment and animal facilities, and behind-the-scene tours of the Emory Primate Center Field Research Station and CDC’s Emergency Operations Center Laboratory Training Facility.
Highlighted conference topics and sessions include:
- Modern Lab Design: A Success Story
- Questions to Consider When Designing ABSL-3 Facilities
- ABSL-3 Case Study
- Implementing ISO 35001
- Waste Management in Animal Facilities
- Latest in Biosafety Research
- Panel: Hiring, Retention, Worker Shortage
- AI’s Role in Biosafety Training
- Spaceflight Microbiology: Mitigating Health and Habitat Risks While Living and Working in Space
- Pathogens of the Future
Pre-conference classes will be offered for all levels:
- Biosafety 101
- Establishing Biosafety Levels in the Field
- Reviewing Past Exposures to Improve Biosafety
- Navigating the Integration of Biosafety, Biosecurity, and Emergency Management
- Risky Business: Animal Biosafety Assessments
Poster Abstracts are being accepted until 15 February 2024.
Please visit the Eagleson Institute’s CDC International Symposium on Biosafety page to register for this event.