- This event has passed.
Eagleson Institute Advanced Certification
September 21, 2015 - September 25, 2015
The Eagleson Institute Advanced Certification course will take place September 21-25, 2015 in Sanford, Maine.
Gain in-depth information and refine practical skills needed to certify Class II Biological Safety Cabinets (BSCs) to the NSF/ANSI Standard 49. This five-day advanced-level, personalized course teaches participants how to certify cabinets according to NSF/ANSI Standard 49. The subject matter is presented through a combination of lecture, discussion, problem-solving activities and certification labs. During the course, each participant identifies his or her own weaknesses and receives additional instruction in those areas. Following the course, participants are offered an opportunity to take the NSF written and practical exams on-site. Class size is limited.
- Refine existing knowledge in preparation to take the written and practical NSF exam.
- Current state of the art techniques for testing BSCs in accordance with Annex F of NSF/ANSI Standard 49
- Application of other industry standards and guidelines to the of testing BSCs
- Current practices for the decontamination of BSCs
- Basics for trouble shooting BSCs
- An understanding of the fundamentals on which the principals of bio containment are based (HEPA filtration, airflow, and biosafety principals)
This course is designed for: Certifiers, industrial hygienists, and safety officers desiring an in-depth course in certification.
Please visit the Eagleson Institute’s Advanced Certification website for more information and to register.