- This event has passed.
Eighth Arab-American Frontiers of Science, Engineering, and Medicine Symposium
November 1, 2021 - November 4, 2021
The Arab-American Frontiers program brings together outstanding young scientists, engineers, and medical professionals from the United States and the 22 countries of the Arab League for a series of symposia to discuss exciting advances and opportunities in their fields.
Due to ongoing concerns surrounding the new COVID-19 variant, the Eighth Symposium will now take place online, November 1-4, 2021.
The goal of these meetings is to enhance the scientific exchange and dialogue among young researchers in Arab countries and the United States, including the Arab science diaspora, and through this interaction, facilitate research collaboration within and beyond the region.
The eighth symposium will discuss advances across a broad range of multi-disciplinary topics through five plenary sessions. These sessions are:
- Session I: Advanced Materials
- Session II: e-Health
- Session III: Water, Food, Environment
- Session IV: Cybersecurity
- Session V: Emerging Technologies and Society
Highlighted topics include:
- Applying Patient and Public Health Data for Pandemic Response and Health Security (TBC)
- From Drones to Dentures: How Novel Materials are Increasing the Adoption of 3d Printing Across Every Industry
- Applications of Smart Wearable Devices in Health: Data, Policy, and Security Considerations
This symposium is made possible by the generous support of USAID, Hamad bin Khalifa University, and the National Science Foundation.