- This event has passed.
Emergency Management Higher Education Symposium
June 6, 2016 - June 9, 2016
The 18th Annual Emergency Management Higher Education Symposium will take place June 6-9, 2016 in Emmitsburg, Maryland.
The symposium brings together representatives of colleges and universities which have an existing hazard, disaster, emergency management (EM) program in place, or are attempting to develop one.
This year’s theme is “Whole of Community-Talking About My Generation” – and features a generational panel discussion that spans millennial, mid-level and seasoned academic, practitioner and government perspectives followed by plenary dialogue to discover how to facilitate greater understanding across these outlooks in emergency management.
The symposium provides an environment to network with other academics, gain exposure to successful programs and research, learn about new resources and approaches, and hear from practitioners and policy makers.
Symposium workshops include:
- Introduction to ArcGIS,
- Survey of HAZUS-MH,
- How to Teach Emergency Management
- Emergency Management Scholars Theory and Research Workshop
- Campus Resilience, Readiness & CERT program implementation
- Exercising Emergency Plans
- Integrating Emergency Management Education into Your Institution
- Adding Critical Infrastructure Content to your Emergency Management Course
Please visit the Emergency Management Higher Education Symposium website for more information and to register.