- This event has passed.
Emerging Infectious Diseases and Biodefense Vaccines
June 4, 2014 - June 6, 2014
The 12th Annual Emerging Infectious Diseases and Biodefense Vaccines, Therapeutics & Diagnostics conference event will be held June 4-6, 2014 in Washington D.C.
The conference draws thought leaders and decision-makers from public health and national security agencies, biotech and pharmaceutical industries, and the academic and not-for-profit infectious diseases and CBRN communities to explore strategies for dealing with various challenges, share perspectives, and establish collaboration to further the development of needed medical countermeasures.
Topic areas include:
- Plans for 2014 and beyond
- Combating drug resistance with broad-spectrum antimicrobials and antibiotics
- Developing countermeasures against radiological, chemical and nuclear emergencies
- Role of adjuvants in developing more effective influenza vaccines
- The HHS and DOD’s Advanced Manufacturing facilities
- FDA medical countermeasure policy changes
- The Animal Model Qualification (AMQ) Program
- Regulatory science updates
“Threats posed by emerging infectious disease and chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear (CBRN) agents are dynamic and ever-changing. In 2013, cases of H5N2, H7N9, H9N2, H6N1, MERS, dengue, bubonic plague were found from Hong Kong, Saudi Arabia to the streets of New York,” states Infocast, host of the conference.
“For companies looking to work with the government and participate in the development, manufacturing and delivery of needed vaccines, therapeutics and other medical countermeasures against CBRN agents and infectious diseases threats, the annual Emerging Infectious Diseases + Biodefense Vaccines, Therapeutics & Diagnostics summit is the place to interact face-to-face with representatives from federal agencies tasked with protecting public health in the event of a pandemic or bioterrorist attack.”
Please visit Infocast’s Emerging Infectious Diseases + Biodefense Vaccines, Therapeutics & Diagnostics event website for more information.