- This event has passed.
Preventing and Treating Biological Exposures
June 8, 2014 - June 10, 2014
Preventing and Treating Biological Exposures: An Occupational Health Colloquium will take place June 8-10, 2014 in Providence, Rhode Island.
This annual gathering brings together professionals in occupational medicine, infectious disease, emergency healthcare to learn from recognized biosafety experts in a highly interactive format that encourages sharing among the various disciplines involved.
Preventing and Treating Biological Exposures is hosted in partnership by the Eagleson Institute and the Elizabeth R. Griffin Research Foundation.
Highlighted topics include:
- Characteristics of agents and toxins such as viral vectors, insect vectors, zoonotic diseases, and nanoparticles and the risks they pose
- Risks and Benefits of Graphene for Environmental and Biomedical Applications
- The prevention, diagnosis, and post-exposure treatment of personnel exposed to threat agents
- Best Practices occupational health policies and procedures that increase worker safety
- Ways diverse disciplines can learn from each other and work together
In addition, two pre-conference courses will be offered on June 8: the perennial favorite, “Occupational Health Issues in Biological Laboratories” and an Introduction to Nanotechnology.
CMEs are available for this event. Please visit Eagleson Institute’s Preventing and Treating Biological Exposures website for more information and to register.