- This event has passed.
Emerging Sensor Technologies for Food Safety
June 12, 2014
The Emerging Sensor Technologies for Food Safety symposium will be held June 12, 2014 in Baltimore, Maryland. This symposium is focused on emerging sensor and detection platforms to provide timely and actionable information needed to lessen the human and economic burdens levied by foodborne disease.
Talks by leading academics and researchers in the military and private sectors will include:
- Light scattering and spectral pattern recognition for bacterial detection
- Flow cytometry for rapid detection of pathogens in complex matrices
- Bioluminescent bacteriorphage for high-throughput detection of pathogens
- Antimicrobial peptides as bioaffinity ligands for pathogen detection
- Parallel capillary electrophoresis for high-throughput detection and characterization of pathogens
Global Biodefense is an official media partner for Emerging Sensor Technologies for Food Safety.