- This event has passed.
FutureTox V: New Technologies to Evaluate Organ-Specific Effects of Drugs and Chemicals
May 10, 2022 - May 11, 2022
The Society of Toxicology will host FutureTox V: New Technologies to Evaluate Organ-Specific Effects of Drugs and Chemicals on 10-11 May 2022 in Chapel Hill, North Carolina.
The FutureTox series focuses on building the road for 21st-century toxicology and risk assessment practices, utilizing in vitro data and in silico models for predictive toxicology, and taking the high-throughput risk assessment paradigm forward to address challenges in implementing the emerging big-data toolbox for risk assessment and regulatory decision-making.
Highlighted topics of interest include:
- Modeling environment for organ-specific computational synthesis and integration
- Novel single cell sequencing-based technologies
- In silico models of organ-specific effects
- FDA, EPA discussion on future tech and research needs to evaluate organ-specific effects of drugs and chemicals
- FDA, EPA discussion on opportunities for regulators to use new models and technologies in evaluating organ-specific effects of drugs and chemicals
- NIEHS/NICEATM, EPA breakout discussion of ‘big data’ stream utilization in toxicology and risk assessment
- Advantages and barriers to application of new models for evaluating effects of drugs and chemicals on the blood-brain barrier
- Perfused microphysiological systems
- Liver spheroids and micropatterned cultures
- Modeling the gut microbiome
- Air-liquid interface models for airway safety assessment
- Opportunities to advance IVIVE with physiological organ-specific models
Please visit the Society of Toxicology’s FutureTox V website for more information.