- This event has passed.
GeoVet 2023: Interdisciplinary Geospatial Research for the One Health Era
September 19, 2023 - September 21, 2023
The GeoVet conference, held every 3 years, will next convene from 19-21 September 2023 in Silvi Marina, Teramo, Italy.
This event brings together a diverse group of international experts in spatial epidemiology, spatial statistics and Geographical Information Systems applied to animal health, public health and food safety. Don’t miss this gathering of thought leaders to exchange ideas and perspectives.
Highlighted presentations include:
- Impact of climate change on soil-borne and vector-borne diseases
- Infectious water-associated diseases: the role of the environment
- The challenges of real-time science communication and decision support in a pandemic context: building the plane instruments after take-off
- Emergent infection disease problems under environmental land management
- Mapping Global Bushmeat Activities to Improve Zoonotic Spillover Surveillance
- Choice of Landscape Discretisation Affects the Rate of Spread in Wildlife Disease Models
- Landscape phylogeography — using viral gene sequences to compare and explain the heterogeneous spatial dynamics of virus epidemics
- Mapping global coldspots of veterinary capacity
- Decision-support tools to track and predict climate-sensitive infectious diseases at cascading spatial scales
- Landscape Connectivity and travel corridors routes for predicting the spread of ASF in European wild boar
Please visit the GeoVet 2023 website for more information and to register.