First WHO/Europe Indoor Air Conference 2023
The First WHO/Europe Indoor Air Conference will be held 20 September 2023 in Bern, Switzerland and via virtual participation.
The COVID-19 pandemic demonstrated the importance of ventilation to mitigate the transmission of respiratory disease.
Beyond COVID-19 there is growing awareness that exposure to pollutants in indoor environments has a substantial impact on health, productivity and performance. Large numbers of buildings do not have good ventilation or good indoor air quality, and there are multiple other considerations including climate change, energy, comfort, noise and security.
Highlighted presentations include:
- The indoor environment as a determinant for health
- Infection risk and IAQ in Swiss schools
- What do we need to achieve in buildings? What is realistic vs what is ideal?
- What do we know about the current state of IAQ in buildings?
- Pandemic management through indoor pathogen transmission suppression – EU innovation funding
- Challenge and opportunity for Indoor Air – Learning from the pandemic
- Improving ventilation in Swiss buildings – IAQ as part of sustainability
- Compliance through information sharing in Belgium
- Priorities for improving indoor air in Switzerland
The event will be held in English and simultaneously translated in French, German and Russian.
Please visit the WHO and Geneva Health Forum’s First WHO/Europe Indoor Air Conference website to register.