- This event has passed.
Health Effects of Chernobyl
May 17, 2016 - May 19, 2016
The Health Effects of Chernobyl: Prediction and Actual Data 30 Years after the Accident conference will be held May 17-19, 2016 in Obninsk, Russia.
The event covers a broad range of radiological sciences: radiation biology and ecology, radiation epidemiology and dosimetry, radiation protection and safety, as well as matters pertaining to radiation emergency medicine and public health.
Highlighted topics include:
- Coordination of international efforts to strengthen global radiation safety
- Ecological effects of the Chernobyl accident and impact on the environment
- Dosimetry methods used for assessing population and individual exposures
- Biodosimetry methods for individual dose assessment (cytogenetic, molecular assays, EPR, OSL/TL, retrospective dosimetry, internal contamination assessment, etc.)
- Radiation associated risks of cancer and non-cancer outcomes among cleanup workers and population
- Psychological, social, and ethical issues related to the accident and interventions in response and recovery periods
- Medical preparedness and response to radiation emergencies
- Risk communication strategy in emergencies and recovery
Please visit the Health Effects of Chernobyl conference website for more information and to register.