- This event has passed.
October 2 - October 6
IDWeek 2019, the combined annual meeting of IDSA, SHEA, HIVMA, and PIDS, will be held 2-6 October 2019 in Washington, DC.
IDWeek is geared toward healthcare professionals in infectious diseases and healthcare epidemiology and prevention, including researchers, clinicians, quality and patient safety practitioners, epidemiologists, and public health officials.
Agenda topics of interest highlighted by the Global Biodefense staff include:
- Outbreak Response in the Genomic and Information Age
- How Genomics is Revolutionizing Biomedicine Across Disciplines, Across Continents
- US Measles Outbreak: Summary of US Epi Data in General and Specific NYC Outbreak
- Challenging Cases in Pediatric Infectious Diseases
- The Next Generation of ID Host Response Biomarkers
- FDA Perspective on Metagenomic Sequencing in Infectious Diseases
- Procalcitonin and Common Febrile Illnesses: Hype or Help?
- What’s New in the Field of Clinical and Epidemiological Sciences
- Latent TB in the US
- Displaced: Infectious Disease Impacts on Refugee and Migrant Populations
- The Ideal Infection Prevention Hospital: Air Handling
- Updates on Interferon-Gamma Release Assay Performance
- Cyclospora: Epidemiology, Diagnosis and Treatment
- Authophagy and Autophagy-Related Pathways in Host Defense
- Innate Lymphocytes and Trained Immunity
- Influenza Vaccines: Are We Ready for Different Vaccines for Different Populations?
- The Rationale for Using Phages as Therapeutic Weapons
- Phage Lysins Effectively Target MDR ESKAPE Pathogens
- Targeting Contact Precautions: It’s About the Pathogen
- Rapid Diagnostics and Resistance: Accelerate, BacterioScan, Klaris, LifeScale, Roche, Selux, Specific Diagnostics
- Antenatal Zika Virus Exposure
- Acute Flaccid Myelitis – National Perspective
Please visit the IDWeek 2019 website to register.