- This event has passed.
IDWeek 2021 – Infectious Diseases Society of America
September 29, 2021 - October 3, 2021
IDWeek is the joint annual meeting of the Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA), Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America (SHEA), the HIV Medicine Association (HIVMA), the Pediatric Infectious Diseases Society (PIDS), and the Society of Infectious Diseases Pharmacists (SIDP).
IDWeek 2021 takes place virtually from Sept. 29-Oct. 3. IDWeek and its partners will again be joined with other scientific agencies, non-governmental agencies, and infectious diseases organizations around the world. Each will bring unique global perspectives and updated information on various aspects of COVID-19.
Highlighted presentations and panels include:
- A Day with the Stewardship Pager – Challenging Stewardship Cases
- Genomics for Emerging (Zoonotic) viral diseases
- Picornaviruses: Beyond Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease
- Resuscitating Antimicrobial Stewardship and Healthcare Epidemiology Post-COVID
- Challenging Cases In Travel & Tropical Medicine
- Say It Don’t Spray It: Examining the Perspectives on Aerosols and Virus Transmission
- The Tiny but Fierce Beasts of COVID-19 & Healthcare Epidemiology – Controversies in Pediatric Infection Prevention
- What’s Hot in Innovative Microbiological Diagnostics
- Optimizing Molecular Testing in Algorithms for the Diagnosis of Challenging Fungal Pathogens
- Unwanted guests: when fungi complicate patient care
- PCRs, Presenteeism and PPE: Infection Prevention Post-COVID
- Potpourri: the vaccines I did not hear about during the pandemic
- Tackling Antibiotic Resistance and Healthcare-associated Infections Around the Globe: Prevention and Surveillance Strategies
- Infectious Disease Consulting for Businesses During COVID-19: Tales from the Front Line
- A Day with the Hospital Epidemiologist’s Pager: Challenging Cases in Infection Prevention
- Climate Change, Environmental Degradation and Infectious Diseases
- Homelessness and Infectious Diseases
- Updates on Malaria Globally
- Burnout in Healthcare Epidemiology
- Influencing Antibiotic Stewardship Activities—The Devil is in the Details
Please visit the IDWeek 2021 website for more information.