Discover the latest achievements in the fight against the pneumococcus at the ISPPD-12 International Symposium on Pneumococci and Pneumococcal Diseases 19-23 June 2022 in Toronto.
This meeting was originally scheduled for Oct 2020. Given on-going safety concerns for in-person meetings due to COVID-19 during 2020-2021, the in-person event was ultimately pushed to June 2022.
The event brings together professionals in the field to raise global awareness and improve standards of diagnosis, prevention and treatment.
Highlighted topics include:
- Epidemics, outbreaks, and special settings
- Pneumococcal epidemiology
- Vaccine effect on disease in children
- Trends in non-vaccine serotypes
- Mathematical modeling
- Diagnosis and diagnostic assays
- Antimicrobial resistance
- Conventional and molecular microbiology
- Treatment of pneumonia and pneumococcal disease
- Genetic sequencing
- Pneumococcal colonization
- Adult vaccination strategies
- Indirect effects of paediatric programmes on disease in adults
- Pneumococcal disease in persons with high-risk conditions
- Pneumococcal vaccines in development
- COVID effects on pneumonia and pneumococcal disease burden
- Effects of COVID on pneumoccoccal vaccine programmes
- Management of community acquired pneumonia in the time of COVID
- Emerging data on SARS-CoV2 and pneumococcus interaction
Please visit the ISPPD-12 website for more information on how to participate.