- This event has passed.
Legionella Conference 2019
September 11 - September 13
The Legionella Conference 2019, hosted by NSF International and the National Environmental Health Association, will be held 11-13 September 2019 in Los Angeles, California.
An international lineup of public health and sustainability experts from four continents will discuss complex hospital water systems, cooling towers, proactive water quality monitoring and other topics at the conference.
The 2019 Legionella Conference theme, “Building Water Systems: The Sustainability and Public Health Nexus,” centers on how both industries can help align water and energy sustainability and public health goals.
Agenda topics of interest highlighted by the Global Biodefense staff include:
- How Public Health Officials Can Make Defensible Decisions With Limited Data During an Outbreak
- Building the Capacity to Lead Investigations: Finding the Best Response
- Water Conservation Goals and Public Health – Responding to Unintended Consequences
- A Novel Water Heating System for Pathogen Control
- Whole-Genome Sequencing and Comparative Genome Analysis: A Pangenome Approach to Understand Population Diversity, Antimicrobial Resistance, and Adaptive Mechanisms of Bacterial Pathogens Within the Water System of Large Occupational Buildings
- Place of Point of Use Filters in a Multifaceted Strategy Against Waterborne HAIS in Hospital Settings
- New Open-Cell Foam Sampling Methods for Legionella to Mitigate Risks of False Non-Detects
- The Basis for Criminal and Civil Liability for Public Health Officials in State Public Health Law and Ethical Perspective on Risk Communication During Outbreaks
- Summary of Performance of Legiolert™ Vs. Standard Methods for the Quantification of Legionella pneumophila in Non-Potable Water Samples
- Improved Management of Legionella Risks Using Rapid On-Site Testing
Learn more and register at the Legionella Conference 2019 website.