- This event has passed.
Lessons Learned in Health Professions Education from the COVID-19 Pandemic
December 3, 2020 @ 11:00 am - 2:30 pm EST
A planning committee of the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine will organize and conduct a 1-day public workshop on Dec. 3, 2020 to explore lessons learned in grand challenges facing health professions education (HPE) stemming from the COVID-19 pandemic and how those positive and negative experiences might inform development of sustainable improvements in the value, effectiveness, and impact of HPE. The planning committee will bring together educators, students, administrators, and health professionals to share ideas, stories, and data in an effort to discuss the future of HPE by learning from past experiences. Invited presentations and discussions will involve global audiences in topics such as:
- Examples and evaluation of online education;
- Innovations in interprofessional education and learning opportunities within the social determinants of health and mental health;
- Impacts on pre-clinical and clinical education;
- Regulatory and accreditation changes affecting HPE; and
- Stress and workload on students and faculty.