- This event has passed.
Managing Media Relations During a Public Health Emergency
July 18, 2019 @ 2:30 pm - 3:45 pm EDT
For the second year in a row, NACCHO is pleased to host a multi-part webinar series to help local health departments build capacity to engage in public health communication. Coordinated by NACCHO and the National Public Health Information Coalition (NPHIC), “Managing Media Relations” will help participants learn basic media relations principles; understand what NOT to say; understand how to change the conversation to YOUR message; and where to look for help when things go wrong.
- Introduce basic principles of interacting with and pitching local media
- Understand different types of media communications tactics, (e.g., press releases, backgrounders, media advisories and press briefings)
- Learn best practices for educating media partners on health topics/data to avoid inaccuracy
- Richard Sheehe, Senior Strategist, The Merritt Group & Senior Research Fellow, George Washington University
- Kristina Wieghmink, M.Ed., Communication Specialist/Public Information Officer, Ottawa County Dept. of Public Health
The webinar will be recorded for on-demand viewing. REGISTER TO JOIN.