- This event has passed.
Submit Feedback on NIAID’s Research Framework for Antibacterial Resistance
March 8, 2019
Submit Feedback on NIAID’s Research Framework for Antibacterial Resistance by March 8, 2019.
NIAID is refining the five-year strategic framework for antibacterial resistance (AR) research and development, Antibacterial Resistance Program: Current Status and Future Directions pdf.
Published in 2014, the framework identified the following priorities:
- Systems Biology and Antibacterial Resistance: New Directions for Drug Discovery
- Harnessing the Immune System to Combat Bacterial Infections
- Disarm, But Leave Unharmed: Exploring Anti-Virulence Strategies
- Synthetic Microbiota: An Ecobiological Approach
- Less Is Better: Diagnostics to Guide Use of Narrow-Spectrum Therapeutics
- Exploiting Natural Predators: The Specificity of Phage Therapy
- Teaching Old Drugs New Tricks: Extending the Clinical Utility of Antibacterial Drugs
NIAID seeks community feedback to inform an update of the framework. Send your comments identifying:
- Additional research activities needed to help advance the above-listed strategic approaches
- Additional strategic approaches or technologies that have the potential to transform our understanding of and ability to prevent, diagnose, or treat resistant bacterial infections
To submit a response, send a PDF or MS Word document of 500 words or less to NIAIDAntibioticResistanceRFI2019@niaid.nih.gov. The deadline to reply is March 8, 2019. Take care to avoid sharing any proprietary, classified, confidential, trade secret, or sensitive information in your response.