- This event has passed.
Public Health Scientific and Training Symposium
June 10, 2014 - June 12, 2014
The U.S. Public Health Service (USPHS) Scientific and Training Symposium will be held June 10-12, 2014 in Raleigh, North Carolina. The theme for this year’s conference is “Public Health Today: Prevention, Innovation, Progress.”
Advance public health through participation in, and collaboration on, initiatives that promote the public health mission of the PHS Commissioned Corps and the overarching importance of public health for the Nation.
50 track presentations on best practices, case studies, emerging trends and the latest research in public health will be available. Highlighted topic areas include:
- Animals as Sentinels for Environmental Exposures
- Changing the Safety Culture One Step at a Time
- Leadership, Life and Legacy: What is the meaning of a Public Health Service Career?
- Spreading Health Awareness and Prevention from Domestic to Global Community Health
- Personalized Medicines and Pharmacogenomics
- Disaster Relief Settings
- Public Health Engagement Along the Humanitarian Emergency Continuum
- Lessons from ACA Implementation and the Future
- Psychological First Aid Response to Washington Navy Yard Shooting
The symposium is hosted by the PHS Commissioned Officers Foundation and the Commissioned Officers Association in Partnership with the Centers for Disease Control (accredited sponsor).
Please visit the USPHS Scientific and Training Symposium website for more information.