- This event has passed.
Safety Cabinet Technology
October 26, 2015 - October 27, 2015
The Eagleson Institute’s Safety Cabinet Technology class will take place October 26-27, 2015 in Sanford, Maine.
This two-day course provides a comprehensive overview of Biological Safety Cabinets (BSCs) through lectures, demonstrations, and hands-on laboratory workshops. Engaging class discussions allow participants learn from each other. The guided tour of a BSC manufacturing facility provides a unique opportunity to understand the “nuts and bolts” of BSCs.
This course is designed for Biosafety officers, principal investigators, industrial hygienists, facility engineers, architects and certifiers. No previous knowledge is necessary. This is an introductory level course.
Topics expected to be covered:
- How BSCs are constructed and function
- How the types of BSCs vary from each other and from other laboratory ventilation equipment
- What exhaust options exist for each type
- Why HEPA filtration plays such a key role in BSC operation
- What factors influence BSC performance
- How to use safety cabinets effectively
- How performance envelopes are used to select a BSC’s set point
- When and how cabinet decontamination is performed
- What hazards are associated with decontamination and certification
- How all required BSC testing is performed
- How to select the appropriate BSC for a specific application
Please visit the Eagleson Institute Safety Cabinet Technology website for more information and to register.