- This event has passed.
Safety Cabinet Technology 2016
May 2, 2016 - May 3, 2016
The Eagleson Institute’s Safety Cabinet Technology course will be held May 2-3, 2016 in Sanford, Maine.
This course is intended for Biosafety officers, principal investigators, industrial hygienists, facility engineers, architects and certifiers. No previous knowledge is necessary.
Highlighted course topics include:
- How BSCs are constructed and function
- Laboratory ventilation equipment types
- What exhaust options exist for each type
- Why HEPA filtration plays a key role in BSC operation
- What factors influence BSC performance
- How to use safety cabinets effectively
- How performance envelopes are used to select a BSCs set point
- When and how cabinet decontamination is performed
- What hazards are associated with decontamination and certification
- How all required BSC testing is performed
- Selecting the appropriate BSC for a specific application
Please visit the Eagleson Institute’s Safety Cabinet Technology website for more information and to register.