- This event has passed.
SISMID Summer Institute in Statistics and Modeling in Infectious Diseases
July 9, 2018 - July 25, 2018
The 10th Annual Summer Institute in Statistics and Modeling in Infectious Diseases (SISMID) will be held July 9-25, 2018 at the University of Washington in Seattle, WA.
SISMID is designed to introduce infectious disease researchers to modern methods of statistical analysis and mathematical modeling and to introduce statisticians and mathematical modelers to the statistical and dynamic problems posed by modern infectious disease data.
Participants choose from a series of two-and-a-half day modules and design a program best-suited to their interests (most participants take two or three modules. Individuals attending the institute receive certificates of course completion in recognition of their participation.
Example modules from the 2017 institute include:
- Probability and statistical inference
- Mathematical models of infectious diseas
- Casual inference
- Stochastic epidemic models with inference
- Microbiome data analysis
- Simulation-based inference for epidemics
- MCMC I and II for infectious diseases
- Contact network epidemiology
- Statistics and modeling with novel data streams
- Spatial statistics in epidemiology and public health
- Evolutionary dynamics and molecular epidemiology of viruses
- Pathogen evolution, selection, and immunity
- Evaluating vaccine efficacy
Scholarship applications for SISMID will be accepted beginning January 5, 2018. Registration will open February 1, 2018.
Please visit the UW School of Public Health website for more information on SISMID 2018.