Tissue, Matrix, and Pathobiology will be held 22-25 October 2023 in Salt Lake City, Utah.
This event is an exciting new multidisciplinary and collaborative joint meeting of the American Society for Matrix Biology (ASMB), The Histochemical Society (HCS), and the American Society for Investigative Pathology (ASIP).
Who Should Attend
Students, trainees, investigators, and educators who are working on cutting-edge basic, clinical, and translational research related to biology of cells and tissues, as well as molecular and cellular alterations that drive disease processes.
The scientific program includes award lectures, plenary sessions, symposia, and workshops featuring speakers who are leaders in their respective fields of study. Thematic highlights include:
- Extracellular Matrix Biology
- Liver Pathobiology
- Cardiovascular Diseases
- ECM Receptors
- Pathobiology of Fibrosis
- Cancer Pathobiology
- Matrix Disorders
- Organoid Models of Disease
- Inflammatory and Infectious diseases
- Cell-Matrix Interactions
Highlighted presentations include:
- Mucosal Pathobiology – Cellular and Microbial Cross-Talk on the Mucosal Interfaces
- Liver Pathobiology – Mechanisms of Hepatoxicity and Liver Injury
- The Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine International Society, Inc. (TERMIS)
- Higher Order Multi-Analyte Interrogation of Tissue
- Viral Persistence (What Did COVID Teach Us About Preparing for the Next Pandemic)
- Cardiovascular Pathobiology – Ramifications of SARS-CoV-2 Infection on the Heart
- Liver Pathobiology – Liver Growth Control: From Maintenance and Regeneration to Disease
- Matrix Degradation: MMPs, ADAMTS, Proteases
- Neuropathology and Neuro-Inflammation
- Organoids to Study ECM Signaling
- Infection and ECM
- Matricellular Proteins
- Respiratory Viral Pathogens
- Infectious Disease – Utilizing Alternative Model Systems to Study Infectious Diseases
- Digital Pathology and Artificial Intelligence Applications in the Biotech Industry
- Organoids and 3-D Models
The meeting will also feature education and career development sessions that are focused on the needs of the current generation of trainees and young investigators. A generous scholar award program will provide travel grants for trainees and junior faculty who are members of the participating Societies.
Please visit ASIP’s Tissue, Matrix, and Pathobiology 2023 Joint Meeting website for more information and to register.