- This event has passed.
U.S. Leadership for a Pandemic-Free Future: Technologies to End Biological Threats
May 26, 2021 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm EDT
The Capitol Hill Steering Committee on Pandemic Preparedness and Health Security will convene for a webcast event on “U.S. Leadership for a Pandemic-Free Future: Technologies to End Biological Threats” on Wednesday, May 26, 2021.
This webinar will explore how the federal government can prioritize investments in available and future technologies to ensure nothing like the Covid-19 pandemic, or worse, could ever happen again.
The Steering Committee hosts monthly events focused on lessons learned from responses to natural, man-made, and other complex health emergencies, such as the COVID-19 pandemic, and how to better mitigate and respond to future health crises.
The Steering Committee is sponsored and managed by Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security. Six United States Senators serve as Honorary Senate Co-Chairs, Four United States House of Representatives serve as Honorary House Co-Chairs and 4 former federal government public health leaders serve as Honorary Founding Members.
Honorary Senate Co-Chairs
- Senator Tammy Baldwin (D-WI)
- Senator Richard Burr (R-NC)
- Senator Ben Cardin (D-MD)
- Senator Bob Casey (D-PA)
- Senator Cindy Hyde-Smith (R-MS)
Senator Chris Van Hollen (D-MD)
Honorary House of Representatives Co-Chairs
- Representative Rosa DeLauro (D-CT)
- Representative Anna Eshoo (D-CA)
- Representative Andy Harris (R-MD)
- Representative Richard Hudson (R-NC)
Honorary Founding Members
- Susan Brooks, JD, Former U.S. House of Representative (R-IN)
- Stephen Redd, MD, Former Deputy Director for Public Health Service and Implementation Science, US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; Rear Admiral Retired, US Public Health Service
- Kathleen Sebelius, MPA, Former Secretary, US Department of Health and Human Services, former Governor of Kansas
- W. Craig Vanderwagen, MD, Former Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response, US Department of Health and Human Services, Rear Admiral Retired, US Public Health Service