Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
As a key member of the Polio EMR (Eastern Mediterranean Region) team, the Associate Program Officer (APO), will partner closely with the Deputy Director (DD), EMR to support strong execution across team priorities. They will provide both programmatic and operational support across the initiative. Key responsibilities include:
- Support the DD and overall EMR team in advancing and evolving the strategy for eradicating polio in the EMR region, with a primary focus on Pakistan and Afghanistan
- Support facilitation, project management, stakeholder management and follow-up on initiatives and projects led by the EMR team, including Global Polio Eradication Initiative (GPEI) working groups
- Draft sections of key documents, reports and presentations for a variety of purposes and audiences, summarizing developments and recommendations for internal and external audiences; manage overall process for document preparation
- Conduct basic data analysis in support of team’s work
- Interact and communicate clearly and consistently with grantees and partners in the field; support team program officers on select investments (e.g. serve as secondary Program Officer)
- In partnership with Strategy, Planning & Management (SPM) colleagues, ensure high-quality team operations and team development
- May directly manage a small number of investments
Leadership and Culture
We believe that energized people, working well together, fueled by great leadership in an inclusive environment in which they thrive, will do phenomenal things.
Core Knowledge and Skills
We are seeking a collaborative, action-oriented team member with an excellent record of achievement in roles of increasing responsibility. You should be prepared to work across a range of projects, driving progress on complex topics, and increasing both technical and operational capacity on the Polio EMR team. We are looking for individuals with:
- Structured problem-solving skills including an aptitude for quantitative analysis and ability to solve unstructured problems with little oversight and high energy
- Demonstrated ability to work with flexibility and efficiency in a fast-paced and complex internal and external environment
- Proven project management skills; ability to track progress against targets, plan agendas and facilitate meetings, and synthesize & communicate information
- Exceptional listening, verbal and written communications skills; ability to synthesize inputs to draft technical briefs for high-level and diverse audiences
- Comfort working in an environment of change
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or other advanced degree with 3+ years of experience, or equivalent experience.
- Experience global development or health work preferred
- Willing to travel up to 20%
Applicants for this role will only be reviewed and considered who possess current US Work Authorization and do not require employer-sponsored VISA support to begin or remain in this role.
JOB ID: B014395
To apply for this job please visit gatesfoundation.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.