The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science & Technology Directorate has released the 2012.2 Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) solicitation. The funding opportunity invites proposals from small businesses with the capability to conduct research or research and development in any of the following homeland security-related topic areas:
- Next Generation Textiles for Multi-Threat (Chem-Bio, Fire, Weapons) Personal Protective Equipment
- Hardening of Hand Held Computing and Communications Devices for First Responders
- Screener Imaging Technologies – Objective, Quantitative Image Quality Measurements Metrics
- Automated Threat Recognition (ATR) Algorithms for Explosives Detection using Standardized Image File Formats
- Solid State Storage Forensic Investigative Tools for Law Enforcement
Full details on the topic areas and proposal instructions are available under Solicitation Number: DHSSBIR20122. The response deadline is listed as July 3, 2012.