The US Army Natick Soldier Research, Development, and Engineering Center (NSRDEC) will host a Textile Science and Technology Industry event June 24-25, 2014 in Natick, Mass.
The event is open to all US industry and academia representatives and will present an opportunity to interact with NSRDEC Soldier Textile Technologist to better understand Army-specific textile challenges and development focus areas, including:
- Targeted antimicrobial textiles
- Next generation shelter skin textiles – reduced weight, nonwovens, flame resistance
- Insulating textiles for shelters
- New and Advanced Closure Systems
- Smart Textiles for Parachute applications – dissolvable, green reduced bulk, degradation indicating
The event will include focused professional exchanges amongst attendees facilitated by NSRDEC Textile Subject Matter Experts, poster presentations, networking opportunities and optional lab tours.
Companies are limited to two representatives each as space is limited. Registration details are available at the NSRDEC website.