The Non-Conventional Threat NCT CBRNe Awards, hosted by IB Consultancy, each year recognizes excellence in solutions for chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear and explosives capability building and product innovations.
The NCT CBRNe Awards 2015 will be handed out during NCT CBRNe Asia in Bangkok (10-12 November) – the largest and leading CBRNe event in Asia.
Nominees are determined each year by a distinguished jury of stakeholders and thought-leaders. This year’s jury includes:
- Guy Roberts (Former) Deputy Assistant Secretary General for WMD Police, NATO
- Gen. Yugala, Royal Thai Army
- Zalini Zunus, STRIDE/Malaysia
- Gen. JB Burton, Former Commander of the U.S. Army 20th CBRN Command
- Laurent Olmedo, CEA/France
- Stephen Malone, HDIAC/USA
- David Oliver, CBNW/UK
- Ilja Bonsen, IB Consultancy/the Netherlands
Awards are bestowed for the best and most end-user friendly CBRNe solution; the most innovative product developed during the last year; and for the international stakeholder that contributed significantly to national, regional or international CBRNe capability building.
NCT CBRNe Product Award
The NCT CBRNe Product Award for the best CBRNe product, service or solution is the most prestigious NCT CBRNe Award, and is the overall award for excellence in the CBRNe community. The nominees for this year’s NCT CBRNe Product Award 2015 are:
- SAAB ManPack300 Training and Simulation system that provides the perfect solution for overcoming challenges in CBRNe response training.
- 908 Devices M908 handheld detection device that was already a nominee last year in the innovation award category and the jury decided that it deserved to be nominated now as an established and end-user friendly state of the art product.
- iRobot 510 PackBot CBRNe for providing first responders with real-time situational and incident data and its track record of more than 5,700 mobile robots that have been delivered to 38 nations and greater than 100 law enforcement agencies, emergency and hazardous material responders worldwide.
NCT CBRNe Innovation Award
The NCT CBRNe Innovation Award for the most novel product, service or research paper of the year is the prize rewarding outstanding achievement in the field of Research & Development. It is the award for excellence in innovation. This year’s nominees in the innovation award category are:
- BBI Detection UK Ebola Lateral Flow Device, described by the jury as an innovation that arrives just at the right time to tackle urgent challenges in effective Ebola Virus Disease control and rapid case detection.
- Alldecont developed by the Central Institute of the Bundeswehr Medical Service that – on the basis of recent tests – is the only product on the market that rapidly removes after skin contact chemical and biological substances.
- Passport System SmartsShield radiation detection system that according to the jury shows great promise by approaching the detection problem at a system level and by delivering increased capabilities at the same or lower cost than traditional point detector approaches.
NCT CBRNe Capability Award
The NCT CBRNe Capability Award is the award for a country or organization that has improved its CBRNe capability or has initiated or executed a capability development program impacting upon another country or organization. The 2015 NCT CBRNe Capability Award nominees are:
- National Ebola Training and Education Center (NETEC) of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) & U.S. Department of Health & Human Services which will provide $12 million over the next five years to three US medical centers which together will co-lead the National Ebola Training and Education Center.
- ECBC and JPEO-CBD’s JUPITR ATD program which will provide unique biological detection capabilities addressing the demand for stronger biosurveillance capabilities in the Korean Peninsula.
- Singapore Civil Defense Force (SCDF) that has celebrated its 50 years jubilee this year as one of the region’s leading CBRNe civil response force.
These awards constitute a rare opportunity for members of the CBRNe community to assess peer recognition. In order to cast your vote, visit www.nctawards.com. Voting is open until November 10.
Global Biodefense is an official Media Partner of the NCT CBRNe event series.