The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (ASPR), Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA) will host the HHS Summit to Accelerate Zika Diagnostics Development on July 15, 2016 in Washington D.C. and via web conferencing.
The event aims to facilitate acceleration of development of Zika diagnostics for FDA EUA or clearance, identify solutions to improve Zika diagnostic assay sensitivity and specificity, and facilitate developer access to clinical samples.
Confirmed speakers include individuals from the Blood Research Institute, Centers for Disease Control, Food and Drug Administration, Instituto Butantan, and University of Texas Medical Branch.
Highlighted topics include:
- U.S. Zika diagnostic testing strategy
- Need for Zika diagnostic assays
- Challenges of Flavivirus serology assay development
- FDA EUA and clearance process for Zika virus diagnostic assays
- Zika virus reagent developers’ panel
- BARDA’s Zika specimen collection effort
In-person registration has been closed for the event but participation via web conference is still being accepted. Advance registration is required.