The U.S. Naval Medical Research Unit No. 6 (NAMRU-6) is looking for a public academic institution for a collaborative acute febrile illness research effort to execute in Tegucigalpa-Honduras.
The effort is aimed at determining the etiology of febrile and/or exanthematous disease syndromes in a variety of countries throughout Latin America.
The selected organization will be responsible for:
- Obtainment of study authorization from local health facilities in Honduras
- Screening of at least 300 potential study participants per year
- Collecting study approved information and biological samples
- Labeling and keeping of samples in adequate cold-chain conditions
- Preparation of biological samples for shipments to NAMRU-6
All activities must be carried out with the utmost adherence to all ethical and quality control standards, in order to minimize risk of performance slips and maintain compliance with appropriation of funds and expectations of the sponsor. The contract will have a performance period of 1 year, effective from the date of signatures.
If capable sources are not identified through this notice, then NAMRU 6 intends to award a sole source contract to Universidad Nacional Autónoma de Honduras (UNAH).