The 32nd European Congress of Clinical Microbiology & Infectious Disease (ECCMID) will take place as a hybrid event both online and in Lisbon, Portugal on 23 – 26 April 2022.
The event brings together experts from many fields to present their latest findings, guidelines and experiences to an audience of over 14,000 colleagues. This year, the congress will feature a hybrid format to facilitate an onsite and online experience for attendees allowing for remote and face-to-face opportunities to take part in the multifaceted programme.
Highlighted programme topics include:
- Advances in Clostridioides difficile infection outbreak prevention and control
- Digging in the molecular epidemiology of MDR Enterobacterales
- Novel insights into herpetic infections
- Opportunistic infections of the central nervous system
- Fungal infections from head to toes
- Pathogenic Escherichia coli: the emergence of cross pathotypes from the genomic continuum
- One Health and mycology: what are the significant and potential interactions between agriculture and human health?
- Leveraging the host response to acute infection to create new diagnostic and prognostic tools
- New insights into phages: current challenges and future developments
- How to apply Digital PCR in clinical microbiology
- mRNA science: a paradigm shift to address unmet medical needs
- A post-COVID syndrome: a never-ending story
- Pathogens and the microbiome: antibiotics at the crossroads
- Respiratory viral infections in hospital settings
- Role of monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) in the evolution of COVID-19 treatment
- New perspectives on Schistosomiasis in Europe
- Should you manage bloodstream infection differently in immunocompromised patients?
- Genomics underpin the clinical and public health management of tuberculosis
- COVID-19 diagnostics: new and newer
- Novel predictive and diagnostic tools in severe viral and bacterial infections
- Modelling host-pathogen interaction in persistent infections
- Rapid diagnostic tools inform prudent antibiotic use
Please visit the European Congress of Clinical Microbiology & Infectious Diseases 2022 meeting page to register.