The AAFS 2016 American Academy of Forensic Sciences Annual Meeting will take place February 22-27, 2016 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
The Academy is a multi-disciplinary professional organization that provides leadership to advance science and its application to the legal system. The Academy is composed of more than 7,000 members from the U.S. and 70 other countries around the world. Included among the Academy’s members are physicians, toxicologists, anthropologists, digital evidence experts, physicists, criminalists, educators, and others.
The meeting seeks to provide the latest in research and practices across the forensic sciences community.
Highlighted sessions related to biotechnology, detection systems or CBRN include:
- Prioritizing Evidence Collection in a Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear (CBRN) Crime Scene
- Blood-Derived Biomarkers for Estimation of Postmortem Interval (PMI)
- Fluorescently Labeled Bacteria Provide Insight on Postmortem Microbial Translocation
- Investigation of the Utility of Five Messenger RNA (mRNA) Markers
- Light It Up: Fluorescent Biosensors for the Detection of Biological Fluids and Fingerprints
- Validation of the Promega® PowerPlex® Y23 Amplification Kit for Use in Forensic Casework
- Comparison of Extraction Methods From Cotton Swabs in Reference to Background DNA From Commonly Touched Surfaces
- Considerations for Implementing Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) Technologies Into a Forensic Laboratory
- An Evaluation of a New Rapid DNA Platform for Field-Forward Applications
- The New Kit on the Block: Optimization of the QIAGEN® Investigator® 24plex GO! Kit for Direct Amplification
- X-Ray Powder Diffraction (XRPD) Method Development and Validation for the Identification of Counterfeit Pharmaceuticals
- Optimization and Validation of the ForensicGEM™ Rapid Extraction Method for High-Throughput Processing
- Investigating the Use of Raman Spectroscopy for the Differentiation of Mixed Body Fluid Samples
- Single Molecule Forensic DNA Characterization with Laser-Induced Nanopore Heating
The pre-registration deadline is Jan 27, 2016. Forms must be received by this date to qualify for the pre-registration rate, and to register for Special Functions. Registration forms received after January 27th will be processed as on-site registrations.
Please visit the AAFS 2016 website for more information and to register to attend.