- This event has passed.
ASM Biothreats 2018
February 12 - February 14
The American Society for Microbiology’s ASM Biothreats 2018 meeting will be held February 12-14, 2018 in Baltimore, Maryland.
ASM Biothreats includes tracks on high consequence pathogen research, biological threat reduction, product development, and policy. Thought leaders in academia, industry and government will gather to present and discuss the latest developments in this emerging field.
Highlighted session topics include:
- The Background and Future Direction of P3CO
- What’s Old is New Again: Live Attenuated Vaccines against Biothreats
- Beyond the Animal Rule: Licensing MCMs under Alternative Regulatory Strategies
- Exploring the Future of Biodefense in the U.S. Biological Threat Reduction
- The Intersection of Big Data and Biothreats
- Polyclonal Antibodies: An Essential Element in Addressing Existing and Future Biothreats
- The International Landscape of Biodefense: New Terrain
- Pills and Needles: Rapid Development and Deployment of Countermeasures
- 1918-2018: The Past, Present and Future for Influenza Pandemics
- Drug Development Tools I: Animal Models for Biothreats
- Wearable Technology for Population Health Assessment
- Case Study on the Synthetic Creation of Horsepox: Promising Vaccine Study or Biosecurity Risk?
- Select Agent Toxins: Finding, Dissecting, and use as Human Therapies
- Artificial Intelligence for Biosurveillance
- Platform Technologies to Speed Biothreat Medical Countermeasure Development
- Computational Approaches to Improving Infectious Disease Drug Development
- Microbial Forensics: Beyond the Select Agents List
This year’s meeting incorporates a platform for students and early career professionals to share their science and connect with a diverse community of experts.
Please visit the ASM Biothreats 2018 website for more information and registration.