- This event has passed.
ASTMH 2014 Annual Meeting
November 2, 2014 - November 6, 2014
The 63rd Annual Meeting of the American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (ASTMH 2014) will be held November 2-6, 2014 in New Orleans, Louisiana.
The conference is the premiere event for the latest research and technology in tropical medicine. Bill Gates, co-chair of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation will deliver the keynote address at ASTMH 2014.
The conference offers learning and networking opportunities for those invested in tropical medicine and global health:
- Scientific poster presentations
- Topical symposia, workshops and lectures
- Opening networking reception
- President’s Address, Awards Program and Business Meeting
- Exhibits showcasing valuable products and services
- Student/trainee networking
- Continuing education credits for physicians, physician assistants and veterinarians
Highlighted sessions include:
- Rapid Diagnostics/Point-of-Care Tests
- Mycobacterial Metabolomics: Toward a Chemical Understanding of Essentiality
- Parasite Serology, Focus on Strongyloidiasis and Filariasis
- Molecular Techniques in the Diagnostics Lab
- Diagnosis of Fever in African Children: High-Tech Meets Low-Resource
- Advances in Metabolomics and Proteomics
- Diagnostics and Chagas
- Proteomic Characterization of Diverse Stages of Parasites and Their Vectors
- In-Depth Proteomic Analysis of the Plasmodium Parasite
- Diagnostic Issues in Cysticercosis
- Ensuring Health Impact in the Post-2015 Global Agenda
- Integrating Genome, Transcription and Proteome of the Asian Malaria Vector
- Potential Impact on Malaria Goals over the Next Decade
- The Neglected Tropical Disease Agenda
Who should attend? The ASTMH Annual Meeting draws tropical medicine and global health professionals representing academia, government, non-profits, philanthropy, NGOs, industry, military and private practice. The meeting is designed for researchers, professors, government and public health officials, military personnel, travel clinic physicians, practicing physicians in tropical medicine, students and all health care providers working in the field of tropical medicine and hygiene.
This year’s conference is sponsored by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Takeda, Clinical RM, Novartis, Elselvier, The Petri Family, and TechLab. Support is provided by the Burroughs Wellcome Fund and International Association for Medical Assistance to Travelers (IMAT).
Please visit the ASTMH 2014 website for more information and to register to attend.