- This event has passed.
January 19, 2016 - January 21, 2016
Bacteriophage 2016 will be held January 19-21, 2016 in London, United Kingdom.
The event focuses on the roles of bacteriophages, ranging from fundamental biological research to their use in medical and industrial biotechnologies.
Bacteriophage 2016 is aimed at those working in the field surrounding bacteriophages, Postgraduate students, those in industry and those interested in the uses of bacteriophages in biotechnology.
Highlighted topics include:
- Structure of the SPP1 bacteriophage and its function
- Biocontrol of Staphylococcus aureus and Clostridium difficile
- Activation of cellular cold shock response and abortive infection mechanism by phage encoded protein
- Interaction of lysis protein E from bacteriophage phiX174 with translocase MraY on the bacterial peptidoglycan biosynthetic pathway
- The enemy insight: tectiviruses preying on the Bacillus cereus group
- Bacteriophages and antibiotic resistance
- Filamentous phage – applications from nano to metagenomic scale
- Recombinant antibodies displayed on filamentous bacteriophage for single cell proteomics
- Campylobacter phages: Biocontrol and resistance development
- Shiga toxin-encoding lysogenic bacteriophages
- Endolysin-based antimicrobials for control of bacterial pathogens
- Biology and genetics of telomere phages
Please visit the EuroSciCon Bacteriophage 2016 website for more information and to register.