- This event has passed.
BARDA Industry Day 2016
October 18, 2016 - October 20, 2016
The Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority’ BARDA Industry Day (BID) 2016 will take place from October 18-20, 2016 in Washington, DC.
The event offers participants opportunities to learn about U.S. Government medical countermeasure requirements, interact with BARDA staff, and network with private sector colleagues working in this space.
BARDA supports the advanced research & development, manufacturing, acquisition, and stockpiling of medical countermeasures against chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear (CBRN) threats, pandemic influenza, and emerging infectious diseases.
BARDA also oversees all procurements made under Project BioShield, an act passed by Congress in 2004 to encourage private sector involvement in these activities.
Highlighted conference topics include:
- BARDA’s strategy, goals, and areas of interest for FY17 and beyond
- BARDA Program updates in Influenza and CBRN threat areas
- Updates and details about BARDA’s Broad Agency Announcements
- Challenges of dealing with emerging, as well as current, infectious diseases
- BARDA Core Services that can support product development and manufacturing
- Building a national medical response infrastructure
- New initiatives and future directions for BARDA
- Opportunities to develop medical countermeasures for both government and commercial markets
- Sustainable preparedness for current threats
- Response capability for emerging threats
- Innovative technologies, products, and platforms
- Global partnerships and international preparedness
- Developing more effective influenza therapeutics
- Meeting the challenge of bio-threats and antimicrobial resistance
In addition to the general sessions held in the Amphitheatre on Days One and Two, BID 2016 will for the first time feature breakout sessions that will focus on more specific strategic, programmatic, and technical topics in an interactive discussion format.
As in previous years, conference participants can also request one-on-one meetings on Day Three with Program Staff and Contracting Officers to discuss their specific interests and questions about working with BARDA.
Online conference registration, as well as pre-registration for breakout sessions and one-on-one meetings is available here.
- October 18, 2016
- October 20, 2016
- Event Tags:
- Antimicrobials, Antitoxins, Antivirals, BARDA, Events, Pandemic, Vaccines
- Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA)
- View Organizer Website
- Ronald Reagan Building
1300 Pennsylvania Ave NW
Washington D.C., 20004-3030 United States + Google Map
- View Venue Website