- This event has passed.
Biotechnology Innovations in the 21st Century
October 21, 2020 @ 1:45 pm - 3:00 pm EDT
The National Academies’ Board on Life Sciences will host a virtual panel discussion on October 21, 2020 on Biotechnology Innovations in the 21st Century.
How is the convergence of the life sciences with other scientific disciplines and fields enabling new capabilities beyond medicine and agriculture? This session will explore innovations in biotechnology that leverage advances in several scientific disciplines, enabling new applications and enhancing the bioeconomy.
Session moderator: Clem Fortman, Engineering Biology Research Consortium
- Kerri Dugan, Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency
- Michelle Rozo, Department of Defense
- Todd Anderson, Department of Energy
- John Beieler, Office of the Director of National Intelligence
- Theresa Good, National Science Foundation
- Elizabeth Strychalski, National Institute of Standards and Technology
Learn more: http://bit.ly/nasem-lifesci-oct2020