- This event has passed.
Call for Abstracts Deadline: NACCHO 360
January 16, 2020
The National Association for County and City Health Officials (NACCHO) will host NACCHO 360 July 7–9, 2020, in Denver, Colorado. This innovative convening aims to break down silos by connecting the traditional NACCHO annual conference with PHIITS (Public Health Informatics, Information Technology, and Surveillance), a re-imagined Public Health Informatics conference that goes beyond informatics to explore local health department information technology infrastructure and public health surveillance. Abstracts must be submitted by January 16 at 11:59 pm (EST).
Topics areas of interest highlighted by the Global Biodefense staff include:
- Disease transmission, patterns, and trends in the era of global travel and mass transit
- The rise of misinformation and disinformation
- Educating policy makers on public health issues
- Disaster preparedness planning
- Information systems and use of health information technology to improve population
- Use of data analytics, including big data to understand population health
- Governance, including laws, policies, and standards that affect information exchange
- Innovations and novel applications of information and technology – including tools for
analysis and visualization (e.g., R, GIS, Python, SAS, Tableau) – to create solutions that
address pressing public health challenges
- Delivering accurate, accessible, and actionable health information that is targeted and tailored
- Activities to facilitate the meaningful use of health IT and the exchange of health information among public health professionals, healthcare, and other stakeholders
- Challenges and logistics of implementing telehealth
- Interoperability of technology systems in the 21st century
- Capacity-building for community leaders to educate policymakers and promote legislative change
Please visit the NACCHO 360 Abstracts page for more information.