- This event has passed.
Canadian Risk and Hazards Network Symposium
October 22, 2014 - October 24, 2014
The 11th Canadian Risk and Hazards Network Symposium will be held October 22-24, 2014 in Toronto, Canada.
CRHNet brings together everyone who has an interest in the cross-sectoral, multiple dimensions of risk management and disaster reduction. The program includes a field trip and discussion groups as well as plenary and targeted sessions emphasizes an interdisciplinary approach to risk mitigation.
Highlighted focus areas include:
- Evolving theories of risks
- Hazard and risk policy and regulations
- Emergency management
- Public health risks and emergencies
- Technological risks and engineering
- Critical infrastructure risks and protection
- Risk management models, standards, and tools
- Risk reduction and adaptation to climate and severe weather
- Cyber security risks and emergencies
- Risk and insurance of catastrophic events
- Managing coastal hazards, risks, and emergencies
- Managing North/Arctic hazards and risks
- Risks and demographic changes
- Managing risks and emergencies in mass gathering events
- Canada and post Hyogo Framework of Action
- Information and knowledge management for disaster risk reduction
- International perspectives on risk management and disaster risk reduction
- Aboriginal disaster resilience in Canadian and international contexts
Please visit CHRNet’s Canadian Risk and Hazards Network Symposium website for more information.