- This event has passed.
CBD S&T Conference 2019 – Chemical and Biological Defense
November 18 - November 21
The Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) will host the 2019 Chemical and Biological Defense Science & Technology (CBD S&T) Conference at the Duke Energy Convention Center, in Cincinnati, Ohio, 18-21 Nov, 2019.
Collaborate with more than 1,500 scientists, program managers and leaders from across the globe who are committed to making the world safer by confronting chemical and biological defense challenges. Attendees will also have the opportunity to network with DTRA science and technology managers as well as other members of DTRA’s Chemical and Biological Defense team.
Highlighted session topics include:
- Use Prognostic and Predictive Host Response Biomarkers to Inform Medical Treatment and/or Therapies
- Synthetic Biology to Enhance Detection and Diagnostic Capabilities
- Genotypic to Phenotypic Analysis Tools to Characterize Novel Emerging Threats
- Animal Models and Predictive Systems to Determine Optimal Countermeasure Efficacy
- Toxin Assessment for Development of Medical Countermeasures
- Toxicological Assessments of Aerosol Exposures to Biotoxins
- New Methods For Modeling Emerging Threat Agents, Dissemination Devices and CWMD Scenario Development
- Organoids and Organs-on-a-Chip Revolutionizing Drug Development
- Development of Next Gen Antibody-Based Anti-Infective Therapeutics
- Advances in Chemical Plume Characterization Technologies in Large-Scale Releases
- Identification Therapeutic Combinations That Avoid Interference of Vaccine-Induced Immunity
- Host Targeted Therapies: Pathogen Entry, Replication, Egress; Common Pathways of End State Disease; Host Immune Modifiers
- Artificial Intelligence for Early Drug Discovery
- Feasibility and Utility of Toxidrome-Based Medical Countermeasures
- Emerging hazard prediction techniques (e.g. graphical processing unit applications, neural networks, machine learning)
Please visit the CBD S&T Conference website to register today.