- This event has passed.
CBRNe Convergence 2014
October 28, 2014 - October 30, 2014
CBRNe Convergence 2014 Congress & Exhibition will take place October 28-30, 2014 in Long Island, New York.
Organized by CBRNe World, this is the 7th Annual iteration of the lead congress for the global CBRNE community. The conference features more than 30 expert speakers from around the world, an exhibition of more than 60 select companies, and a dynamic exercise of CBRNE and hazmat assets courtesy of Suffolk County/New York regional agencies. A Pre-Congress Workshop on “The New Explosive Threat: Emerging Trends in Domestic and International Terrorism” is additionally offered.
At CBRNe Convergence you will:
- Hear from the best civil and military organizations about how their recent incidents, exercises and research is improving their CBRN defense capability
- Gain insight on civil and military forces cooperation efforts, lessons learned and future requirements for CBRN, EOD and Hazmat operations
- Equip your organization with some of the leading technology available
- Network with leading experts, organizations, government personnel and equipment providers
Highlighted presentation topic areas include:
- EPA’s role in preparing for a major CBRN incident
- Effective biosurveillance using environmental and clinical lab data
- Consequences of a low yield nuclear detonation in a modern city
- Sharing responsibilities at HazMat/WMD scenes
- The FBI’s role in Special Event security
- Bioaerosol detection: Past, present, future
- Radiological preparedness and response in NYC
- Development of recovery and remediation guidance for response
- CBIRF’s role in consequence management
- Management of contaminated human remains
- Developments in CBRN decontamination technology
This year’s CBRNe Convergence also offers a rare opportunity to gain insight on the Department of Energy’s response capabilities and equipment, including DoE’s fixed wing Aerial Measuring System (AMS), rotary wing AMS, and Radiological Assistance Program (RAP) team.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) will also be displaying their Airborne Spectral Photometric Environmental Collection Technology (ASPECT) aircraft and Portable High Throughput Integrated Laboratory Identification Systems (PHILIS) mobile lab.
Please visit CBRNe World’s CBRNe Convergence 2014 website for more information and to register.