- This event has passed.
Cedars-Sinai Special Pathogens Symposium 2019
April 29, 2019
The Cedars-Sinai Special Pathogens Symposium 2019 will be held 29 April 2019 in Los Angeles, CA.
Hospital preparedness stakeholders from within the region will gather to foster institutional collaboration and education on frontline, assessment and treatment of high-consequence infectious diseases.
Highlighted topics include:
- Global events related to low-incidence, high-consequence infectious pathogens
- Research and methods to prevent the spread of novel respiratory pathogens
- Role of the National Ebola Training and Education Center (NETEC) in hospital preparedness
- Methods to strengthen hospital preparedness capacity for emerging respiratory pathogens
- Regional concept of operations regarding transport and management of patients with suspected or confirmed low-incidence, high-consequence pathogens
- Critical issues relevant for hospital preparedness of emerging respiratory pathogens
- Emerging respiratory pathogens of concern: Focusing on MERS-CoV and Novel Influenza
- Emerging Zoonotic Respiratory Pathogens of Concern
- Common Challenges in Hospital Readiness for Novel Respiratory Pathogen Preparedness
- Updates from the Ebola Zaire Outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Hospital, Provincial, and National Preparedness Efforts Made after the 2003 SARS Outbreak in Toronto
- State Designated Treatment Center Preparedness Efforts
Please visit the Special Pathogens Symposium 2019 website for more information.