- This event has passed.
Collaborating on Culture in the New Era of Smarter Food Safety
May 11 @ 3:45 pm - 5:00 pm EDT
Live from the Food Safety Summit: Measure What You Treasure
May 11, 2023, from 3:45 pm 5:00 pm ET
The upcoming webinar will focus on the importance of assessing food safety culture in an organization.
Guest speakers include:
- Donald A. Prater, DVM, Acting Director, Office of Food Policy and Response, FDA
- Conrad Choiniere, PhD, Director, Office of Analytics and Outreach, Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition, FDA
- Lone Jespersen, Principal and Founder, Cultivate SA
- Vanessa Coffman, Director, Alliance to Stop Foodborne Illness
- Brian Perry, Executive Food Safety & Quality Leader, TreeHouse Foods, Inc
- Karleigh Bacon, Director of U.S. Supply Chain Food Safety, Science & Regulatory, McDonald’s Corporation
- Philip Bronstein, Ph.D., Assistant Administrator, Office of Field Operations, Food Safety and Inspection Service, Food Safety and Inspection Service, USDA
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration and Stop Foodborne Illness, a non-profit public health organization, are collaborating on a webinar series that explores food safety culture, one of the core elements in FDA’s New Era of Smarter Food Safety initiative.
The New Era of Smarter Food Safety blueprint states that dramatic improvements in reducing the burden of foodborne illness cannot be made without doing more to influence the beliefs, attitudes, and, most importantly, the behaviors of people and the actions of organizations.
Please visit the FDA’s Collaborating on Culture in the New Era of Smarter Food Safety event page for more information and to register to attend this virtual event.