- This event has passed.
From Innovation in Tropical Infectious Diseases to Global Health Solutions
March 23 - March 24
A Gordon Research Seminar (GRS) entitled “From Innovation in Tropical Infectious Diseases to Global Health Solutions” will be held March 23 – 24, 2019 in Galveston, Texas.
The seminar is a unique forum for junior scientists to receive mentoring, expand their professional network and exchange cutting-edge ideas on basic and translational bacterial, viral and parasitic disease research.
Highlighted presentations include:
- Complex Interactions: The Interplay Between Vector, Pathogen, Host and the Microbiome
- CRISPR/Cas9 Gene Editing to Block Malaria Transmission
- Transcriptional Plasticity of Leishmania Developmental Stages in the Vector
- Pathogen Encoded Evasion of CXCL10 and T-Cell Responses
- The BITE Study: Defining Human Skin Immunity to Vector Insect Bites
- Effects of Colonization on the Aedes aegypti Microbiome and Vector Competence
- Paratransgenic Manipulation of microRNA275 in Tsetse Fly and the Downstream Effect on Trypanosome Infection
Please visit the From Innovation in Tropical Infectious Diseases to Global Health Solutions website for more information.
This GRS will be held in conjunction with the “Tropical Infectious Diseases” Gordon Research Conference (GRC).