- This event has passed.
Genomics and Precision Public Health Issues Enrichment Event
September 7, 2023 - September 8, 2023
The Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE) will host a Genomics and Precision Public Health Issues Enrichment Event from 7-8 Sep 2023 in Atlanta, Georgia.
In the past decade, genomics, and precision health approaches such as big data science and machine learning have emerged as important tools for public health. Those entering the public health and medical workforces must keep pace with these evolving fields to maximize the benefit to public health. Recognizing this need, ORISE is partnering with the Office of Genomics and Precision Public Health at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to offer a two-day in-person enrichment event covering the latest developments in these fields.
The course will consist of a series of 15-60 minute lectures, grouped by topic, with learning objectives for each lecture. The course will be freely available to all ORISE fellows and will also be available for online viewing after the event. Online materials will include a video recording of each lecture, a slide presentation, and, for some lectures, recommended readings and questions for discussion and knowledge assessment.
Highlighted topics include:
- Genomics in the Practice of Medicine and Public Health
- Pathogen Genomics and new Precision Public Health Tools for Infectious Diseases and Outbreak Response
- Pharmacogenomics – Because Every Person in the Population is Important and Unique
- Effective Use of Behavioral, Communication and Social Sciences for Precision Public Health
- Harnessing Big Data and Precision Medicine – Intelligent & Integrative Data Analysis for Health Impact
- Precision Public Health Surveillance and Machine Learning – Better Tools to Tackle Old and New Challenges
- Population Based Genomic Screening – Are We Ready?
- Implementation Science – A Critical Element of Precision Public Health
- Genomic Epidemiology: Linking Precision Health and Populations
- Measurement of Health Equity in Public Health Investigations
- Precision Public Health as a Primary Strategy for Reaching Health Equity
- Effective Educating of Providers in Precision Public Health
Registration for the in-person event is capped at 200 attendees, with preference given to the order in which registrations are received. There is no cost to register. Travel to and from the event is the responsibility of the attendee and their program.
Please visit ORISE’s Genomics and Precision Public Health Issues Enrichment Event to register.