- This event has passed.
IRPA World Congress 2016
May 9, 2016 - May 13, 2016
The International Radiation Protection Association (IRPA) World Congress will take place May 9-13, 2016 in Cape Town, South Africa.
This year’s theme, “Practicing Radiation Protection: Sharing the Experience and New Challenges” reflects one of the primary goal of IRPA – to promote global acceptance of the fundamental radiation protection principles of justification, optimization and limitation as recommended by the International Commission on Radiological Protection (ICRP).
Another area of special priority focus is the promotion of public understanding of radiation risks through the sharing of experience and identified good practices.
Highlighted focus areas include:
- Epidemiology, chemistry and biology as applied to radiological protection
- International standards and recommendations
- Ethical aspects and radiological protection culture
- Stakeholder involvement
- Nuclear security training and education
- Integrated management systems
- Practical applications illustrating radiological protection practice
- Naturally occurring radiation
Please visit the IRPA World Congress website for more information and registration.