- This event has passed.
MADNano: Maryland DNA Nanotechnology Conference
December 9, 2019 @ 9:30 am - 5:00 pm EST
MADNano is a recurring local conference for the DNA Nanotechnology field in the mid-Atlantic region. Its purpose is to provide opportunities to collaborate and to stimulate intelligent discussions in the region. Scientists, researchers, and students are invited to a day-long symposium that comprises short talks on recent advances in DNA nanotechnology, poster sessions, and networking opportunities. Contributors are encouraged to frame their work in the context of the needs of the field as it begins the uphill trek to industrial implementation.
Highlighted agenda topics include:
- Towards a synthetic genome for materials: Challenges beyond the test tube
- Self-Assembled 3D DNA Crystals as Vehicles for Drug Delivery
- High Throughput Evolution of Near-Infrared Serotonin Nanosensors
- Progress Towards Development of Self-Assembled Three-Dimensional Electronic Systems with DNA Hydrogel
- Barriers to Implementation of Nucleic Acid Nanotechnology
- RNA Nanoparticles as Triple-Modality Immunotherapy
- A novel computer-aided design (CAD) system for DNA nanotechnology
- DNA origami as a high-density fluorophore template for improved molecular photonic wires
- In vivo Biodistribution of an Anti-ICAM-Functionalized Drug Delivery Nanocarrier made of DNA (3DNA)
- Controlling Carbon Nanotubes by DNA: from Separation to Integration
The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)’s Physical Measurement Laboratory (PML) is hosting the event. There is no registration fee to attend this conference. Please register by December 2, 2019 to ensure your spot at this event.