- This event has passed.
Military Health System Research Symposium
August 15, 2016 - August 18, 2016
The 2016 Military Health System Research Symposium (MHSRS) will be held August 15-18, 2016 in Kissimmee, Florida.
The MHSRS provides a scholarly forum for the planning and development of future studies aimed at optimizing care for members of the Uniformed Services in operational settings. Held in a collaborative, joint setting, it enables military medical care providers with deployment experience to exchange information with Department of Defense and academic scientists, international partners, and industry.
The event offers 40+ scientific breakout sessions and over 1,000 poster presentations. Highlighted topic areas include:
- Impact of infectious disease on military operations
- OCONUS disease surveillance
- Emerging viral infectious diseases to include Zika virus, MersCoV, Chikungunya
- Case reports of specific diseases (malaria, dengue, travelers’ diarrhea)
- Ongoing efforts in product development of diagnostics, therapeutics, and vaccines
- Historical infection challenges in trainees (influenza, adenovirus, group A Strep)
- Current surveillance data in trainee populations
- Re-emergence of naturally occurring viral infectious diseases in DoD personnel to include norovirus, measles and mumps
- Medical countermeasures against acute radiation exposure
- Impact of skin and soft tissue infections in DoD personnel
- Surveillance and characterization of drug resistance in acute/chronic wound infections
- Stem cell therapeutics and their utility in treatment of wound infections
- Outcome of DoD interventions during Ebola support deployments
- Microbiome as a surveillance tool
- Future impact of viral vaccines on DoD readiness
Please visit the Military Health System Research Symposium website for more information.